Curious about the easiest and safest way to cleanse crystals? Look no further; I have you covered!
If you have previously researched how to cleanse crystals, you are most likely aware that the amount of information online can be overwhelming, and the methods you can use are many. I’m here to take the overwhelm out of the equation and to talk about the easiest and safest way to cleanse crystals.
But before I tell you about my favourite crystal cleansing method, I want to talk about why most crystal cleansing methods are not one-size-fits-all. Meaning, why not all crystal cleansing methods are safe or the most convenient:
1. Not all crystal cleansing methods are safe.
Certain crystal cleansing methods can damage your crystal companions. For example, not all crystals are water safe. Water can cause your crystals to dissolve, break, oxidize, and even become toxic.
In addition, any crystal cleansing method that brings your crystal companions outdoors should also take weather into consideration; specifically, rain, wind, and even the sun can damage your crystals. The sun, in particular, will fade any crystal with a deeply pigmented colour.
2. Not all crystal cleansing methods are convenient.
Let’s be honest; moving all of your crystals near a window when there is a full moon is not only time-consuming (especially when you have a large crystal collection) but isn’t always a practical method to use when you need to cleanse your crystal on the go.
This is not to say that I don’t ever work with the moon’s energy and my crystal companions. I do it for special purposes. But I like to cleanse my crystals at any time of the day without having to move them across the home.
When choosing a crystal cleansing method, caution must be had to prevent damage to your crystal companions. And selecting a simple way to cleanse your crystals can save you valuable time and take away any overwhelm. Like I said before, I like using a simple and effective method that you can use at any time of the day, anywhere, without having to move all of your crystals around. This brings me to:
The Easiest and Safest Way to Cleanse Crystals
I find that the easiest and safest way (and my favourite) to cleanse crystals is by using sound.
Sound is not only safe for all crystals, but it’s also a convenient method to cleanse your crystals! Sound is easy to access at any time of day, no matter you are. A big bonus is that you don’t have to move your crystals around the house; you can bring sound to your crystals.
How does sound work?
Sound breaks up energy. When you sound bathe crystals using a higher amplitude sound, the sound vibrations will reverberate through the crystal breaking up energy and knocking it back into its natural vibrational frequency.
What sound should I use to cleanse my crystals?
You can use any high amplitude sound to cleanse your crystals. Some of my favourite sound tools to cleanse my crystal companions include:
- Singing Bowls – This is my all-time favourite tool to cleanse my crystals. Singing bowls come in different sound frequencies, and you can use any of them. A singing bowl is perfect for cleansing your crystals at home in your sacred space. However, it’s not a tool I would travel around with as it is more fragile. To cleanse your crystals with a singing bowl, place your crystals around the singing bowl to give them a sound bath.
- Tuning Forks – Tuning forks is another easy way to cleanse your crystals. Tuning Forks are small and portable, allowing you to use them anywhere. When it comes to tuning forks, make sure that they are unweighted. Weighted tuning forks do not create the high amplitude sound necessary to cleanse crystals effectively.
- Rattle – I have a beautiful magnolia wood spirit shaker that I love to bring with me when I travel. It’s small, easy to pack, and it’s gorgeous.
If you’d like to see my favourite crystal cleansing tools and where you can get your own, head over to The Crystal Realm. This page is where you will find my favourite crystal things all in one place!
But the truth is, you don’t need a fancy sound tool to cleanse your crystals. You can use any high amplitude sound, including anything from my favourite tools above, to things like drums, bells, chanting, clapping, music etc. The possibilities are endless.
To get started, choose any high amplitude sound, and bring the sound source to your crystal companions to give them a sound bath. And that’s it. It’s as easy as that!
Simplicity is key for me! And that’s why I love using sound to cleanse my crystals; it’s fun and easy to do.
What’s your favourite crystal cleansing method? Let us know in the conversation below!
Did you enjoy the post? If so, don’t forget to share it: